January 17, 2009

Mentor Assault

ear 31: When Morgan got him back, Michael dazedly sat up. Morgan knelt down and put a hand on his shoulder. “Are you lucid?”

Michael's breathing and heart rate finally slowed. “Yeah. Yes, my head has cleared. I have to wonder why.”

“It provides a great excuse to keep her isolated. It means she also is terminally bored.”

“The charm must have been done pretty sloppily for her to lose her judgment that badly.”

Morgan grunted assent. “But you did try to countercharm?”

Michael mildly slapped himself to clear the remaining haze. “Yes, absolutely. I flat out said no, too.”

Morgan hesitated a moment. “That is ... mildly disturbing.”

“I know, but I don't think she was fully aware of what she was doing.”

Morgan an empathetic noise. “I often feel that way with you.”

Michael arched a brow. “Really?”

“I have to do what you want me to do. Ofttimes, you are not aware that you are telling me what to do.”

“The geas?”

“Yes.”

“Does it work over our emotive link?”

“Yes, and you don't have to verbally express your desires either. At least, you mean no harm. The worst part about a geas is that no matter how much I know I can't stop myself from following it, I still feel responsible for the actions it makes me take.”

Morgan went and grabbed a dressing robe and handed it to Michael. “Are you going to continue instructing her?”

Michael softly swallowed. “Yes, I am. You broke the charm and she probably does need some distraction. I think I'll also practice fighting blind.”

No comments: