February 02, 2009

Finesse Oblige

AC: “Morgan?”

Morgan stood up and turned around and so his body was facing his brother. “Yes, Your Grace?”

“Oh, come off it!” Michael's annoyance was tinged with amusement. He switched back to his business modulation. “I want you to learn how to fight.”

“I hardly see the necessity.”

“Maybe I want to question potential assassins rather then have their brain matter scraped off the audience hall floor.”

“I will aim lower,” Morgan remarked, resuming his previous lounging position.

“Well, that's the main problem, your aim. You really can't see your targets, just their thoughts, so you aim for their head.”

“When the room is crowded, it is the easiest way. The other advantage is my mindcrafted weapons are unconfiscatable.”

“Yes, well, incapacitation might be another option. The room is marble lined. I can block attacks on my own.”

“I suppose the added intimidation factor has occurred to you?”

“Yes, if pressed, I could see where one shot would be impressive, especially since you are legally blind, but I don't want people to be afraid to approach me.”

“And if we are not in your marble-lined audience chamber?”

“Morgan, if you kill every last one of them...”

“My wife can do wonders with corpses and truth.”

“... when did you get so...”

“Pragmatic?”

“...bloodthirsty?”

“I had born a certain unease at my proficiency, and my enthusiasm of same, for many years. Then, I found that I am, by my father, an inherent predator. I desire to hunt and kill on instinct. The Order must have realized it and honed me to use it to my advantage.”

“Your father is...”

“My father was a bluthungri, making me the apexa for the th'epf. I.. dislodged him from his position as alpha male.”

“The apexis council didn't sense you.”

“I am not one of the lesser races. I am at the level of primal ascendents.”

“You ascended?”

“This is immaterial to the matter you brought before me. I will restrain myself better in protecting you. I can make no promises as passion, and not duty, are my reasons for taking this role now.”

“Thank you, Morgan. Good day, then.”

No comments: