November 25, 2008

Intimidation is Relative

Year 38: “Morgan Andrew Charles Wallace, you're confessing to murder, terrorism, property destruction, sedition, espionage, mayhem, battery, assault, assault with battery, extortion, illicit trade, incest, and torture?”

“Yes.”

“Furthermore, you are being investigated for fraud, tax evasion, slavery, and your brother's death?”

“I am being investigated, yes.”

“You're also extremely wealthy, powerful, ennobled, clinically insane, and blind?”

“I presume so, yes.”

“Do you know what I would like to do to you?”

“Entice me to commit child molestation, rape and murder, so that a mob of convicted felons and an outraged public will sodomize me, break me on the wheel, defenestrate me, crush me with stones, rip my heart out, avulse my genitals off with a rusty hacksaw, tear me to pieces and feed me to pitfighting dogs while I remain cognizant of it all?”

“..... I was going to say I hoped you burn in hell.”

“Oh, you actually want to go easy on me.” Morgan's laugh disconcerted the courtroom.

No comments: